Have you ever been on a dieting program with a man only to find out that they lose weight much faster (and easier) than you?
How frustrating is that?!
Women have special needs when it comes to weight loss. First off, you don’t have as much testosterone as men. Testosterone is a great hormone for building muscle and keeping a body thin.
Secondly, women are usually the main caretaker in the household. After tending to other’s needs, there aren’t enough hours in the day to also concentrate on you. That should change by the way!
Here are some tips for faster weight loss:
• Raw, unrefined coconut oil for weight loss. This healthy fat stimulates your usually sluggish thyroid. Coconut oil has been shown in studies to specifically work on belly fat.
While there isn’t many ways to completely spot target an area for weight loss, coconut oil has shown some promise in this area. Take 2 TBS on an empty stomach first thing in the morning. Depending on your toxicity level, you may have to start with 1/4 teaspoon and work your way up.
Coconut oil really works on killing candida so the candida dying off at a fast rate may be very unpleasant for some people. You’ll then want to take 1 TBS of coconut oil before each meal. I drop the coconut oil down the back of my throat because I have a hard time with slimy textures.
I prefer for people to just take it straight as well. If you cannot do that, put it in your coffee or a smoothie. Mix it in a salad or whatever you see fit. Take your coconut oil every day.
• Apple Cider Vinegar for weight loss. Take 2 TBS of Organic Apple Cider Vinegar (Bragg’s brand is best) and put it in 1 liter of water. Sip throughout the day.
ACV has been shown in numerous studies to help the body burn fat. ACV is also great for helping rid your body of excess water retention. Additionally take 1 teaspoon of ACV in water before each meal.
• Ice water. Your body has to work at heating up the ice water. Drink 10 ounces of ice water before you eat something. In doing this, your body will literally burn more fat. A great tip is to add your 1 teaspoon of ACV to your ice water before each meal.
• Ice packs. I’m unsure of exactly what goes on in your body other than your body having to work harder to keep it at a certain temperature, but I do know this works. Take an ice pack and place it on the back of your neck.
Exchange it out for a new one when that one warms up. If you keep up with this, you will magically lose weight while making no other changes.
• Weights. You already are a heavy lifter in life with all that you take on. Why not use weights and increase your body benefits. I love the Body By Science plan. You are in and out of the gym in about 15-20 minutes a few times a week. This makes major changes in your body fast.
• L.O.V.E. U. We are so used to taking care of someone else, people aren’t used to tending to our needs. Motherhood and even wifehood is a very thankless job in many ways.
When we need something, many times we find the people we normally take care of don’t really know how to step up to our needs in the way we need it. We set a precedent with the people around us that we are literally superwomen and we can do it all.
It’s up to you to take care and nourish yourself. No one else may be willing to do it in the way we need, so go for it. Start dedicating time and energy to loving yourself.
• Kissing. Ok. Sounds strange, but there was a medical journal that came out that talked about the transfer of testosterone from a man to a woman through the lining of the mouth. I am making it a mission to test this theory as often as possible!
Really spend some time doing these things. Combine them all for the best results or pick and choose. Do them for a month or two to really start to see the difference.
Have you tried any of the methods above to lose weight?